Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I can't believe I'm 30!

This past weekend I turned the big 3 0, and what do I have to show for it... At first I thought not much but that actually isn't the case at all. After much speculation and soul searching I came up with a list of accomplishments, that I did before I turned 30.. which turned out to be quite a list and made turning 30 not bad at all.

Before I turned 30 I....

Married the love of my life and best friend of 15 years, who after all that time still held a candle for me and wanted to be with me- I guess I can't be all that bad :)
Planned and financed with my hubby, the most beautiful wedding, down to every last special detail.
Purchased and financed a beautiful upscale condo with my hubby

Got my MBA, still don't know what I'm going to do with it just yet, but at least I have it.

Paid off my 2nd car in full (may not be a big deal to you, but definitely one for me)

Trekked the Western US over the course of two weeks with complete strangers, pretty adventerous!
Hiked 6 miles inside the grand canyon, hardest hike I have ever done. 102 degrees in the shade!
Vacationed in Antigua, Aruba, Bermuda, Grenada, Bahamas, St Kitts, St Thomas, and an island off the coast of Venezuela.
Found a passion in cooking, which will continue to grow as I become even better at it.

Now that I'm 30, I am looking forward to...

Starting a family with my wonderful loving husband Vic.
Finding a job I absolutely love, in an industry where I can make a difference in the world. Looking has been quite a chore.
Buying our next home, a single family house with a backyard where the kids and dog can play. We don't have either yet, but hope to within the next 5 years. My hubby will tell you I'm quite the future planner :).

But that's waaayyy down the line, so for now I'm going to focus on three goals...
1. Work on expanding my cooking skills and blog about my foodie adventures along the way
2. Research and do some soul searching to find out what I want to do for the rest of my life career wise, and go and get it.
3. Feather our little nest and get it ready for our future little family :) sigh

Guess I better get to work!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You have accomplished a lot. And, there will be many more successes that await you in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete